Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The story of life...



The most spiritual human beings, assuming they are the most courageous, also experience by far the most painful tragedies: but it is precisely for this reason that they honor life, because it brings against them its most formidable weapons...
[Friedrich Nietzsche]



Life takes experience for sure, takes happiness and pain at the same time...
I mean it is very unlikely to expect only having happiness in life without any pain...
Dreaming the great achievements, one can not neglect the pains that will be in the way... The greater the happiness, the harsher the pain...

If we define the happiness as overcoming to the challenges we deal with in our daily lives, so the bigger the challenge is...overcoming to that is supposed to bring the greater happiness. This would be achieved through a very tough battle which indeed will be along with greater pains...

Remembering this beautiful piece by late Fereydoun Moshiri:

In front of my eyes, it is the sea...as far as my eyes can catch...
The beacon of the peace shines in the other side of the sea...along the horizon...

On this side of the sea, how lonely my soul is and how big my sadness... how miserably my body has been chained to all the darkness of the past...

The waves are calling upon me... "Freed, whoever courageous who passed the sea"...

Oh...But I am not courageous enough to walk in this sea...
Oh...But I am not courageous enough to break the chains out of my soul...

The waves are calling upon me... "Freed, whoever courageous who passed the sea"...


***
[Free translation by H. Ataei of "A light in the horizon" by late Fereydoun Moshiri, Great Iranian contemporary poet (1926 - 2000)]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home