Sunday, October 22, 2006

...Harsher than any pain, separation...



The beautiful song of "Ayrilig" is one of the most beautiful folk songs composed by late Ali Salimi (Iranian composer, 1922-1997) and performed by late Rashid Behboudov (Azeri Tenor Legend, 1915-1988).
Mr. Samadov (the person who also performed Sari Galin) has performed it by traditional Azeri instrument called "Baalaabaan"...



Ayrilig (= Separation)
[Azerbaijani lyrics by Farhad Ibrahimi]
[From: © Azerbaijan International 2002. All rights reserved]


I cannot sleep at nights, thinking of you...
I cannot get these thoughts out of my mind;
What am I to do since I cannot reach you?

Oh, separation, separation, painful separation...
It's harsher than any pain, separation...
The dark nights are so long in your absence.
I don't know where to go in the dark distance.
The nights have injured my heart so much...
Oh, separation, separation, painful separation...

When I remember your hazel eyes,
I ask the stars of your whereabouts.
Have you forgotten me, now that we are apart?
Oh, separation, separation, painful separation...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home